Coach Licensing Requirements
The League recognizes coaches as the most essential component of successful mountain bike teams and we have many resources that can help you organize your team. Please contact Robert@norcalmtb.org with any questions.
The NICA Coaches Licensing Program was introduced to ensure that all League student-athletes have adult leaders familiar with the best coaching practices. Licensed coaches have been trained in topics that include risk management, team management, ride management, and youth sports psychology.
The Coaches Licensing Program includes Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Ride Leaders and General Volunteer Licenses. All license holders are covered by comprehensive liability insurance provided by the League for the duration of the season.
The NorCal League Coaching Summit is our annual professional development summit for high school mountain bike coach licensing. It provides volunteers with the training and education they need to start and maintain a quality high school mountain bike team. For more details about venue, speakers, and an agenda go here.
We also have Wilderness First Aid (WFA) training and MTB 101 clinics available throughout the season.
Our official season starts on December 1st, but we know there are teams chomping at the bit to get their riders together for scheduled activities (fun rides, skills clinics, bike checks/fits). We’re stoked for you! If you’re interested in having pre-season activities, we’ll need you to read and fill out this form.
- Hyperthreads for NorCal League 2022-2023 DIGITAL
- Coach Guide to Virtual Team Interaction
- Electronic Communication and Social Media Guidelines
- Strike Visuals Special Team Tent Pricing
- Strike Visual Order Form
- NORTH Conference Radio Channel
- SOUTH Conference Radio Channel
- Tamarancho Passes – STUDENTS and COACHES
- The Body Positive – Preventing Eating Disorders in Athletes
- Integrate Performance Fitness – Strength training expert Al Painters
- Stanford – Hydration Tips for Young Athletes
- Stanford – Game Day Nutrition
- Food and Nutrition by Stanford
- NICA nutrition info- CLIF
- NEW NorCal logo
- CEU Opportunity
- Practice Session Plan – Template
*For updated information from NICA regarding first aid requirements, go here.
NICA Approved First Aid Class
Otis Guy has designed a course that meets NICA approval for a new NICA Approved First Aid class that is only 8 hours. Woohoo! Please let others know who may need this class to take care of their requirements. This course is recognized as appropriate training for NICA coaches operating/practicing/riding within 1 hour of definitive care. For an urban high school team, this course will fulfill the Level 2,3 coaches WFA requirement.
TO CHECK OUT THE NEW FORMAT OF THIS CLASS AND TO SEE THE SCHEDULE CHECK OUT OTIS’ WEBSITE.
Certifications will last 2 years, and you will receive it by email attachment.