Our NorCal Teen Trail Corps [TTC] program provides student-athletes, coaches, and teams opportunities to get involved in bike and trail advocacy in their communities. As mountain bikers, and outdoor enthusiasts in general, we believe in the importance of giving back in order to serve and protect the places we love to play. We also believe that volunteering to better the environment is instrumental in positive character development, so we are committed to providing avenues for our NorCal League family to get involved. In 2019 we began asking coaches to track their TTC bike and trail advocacy hours in the NICA Pit Zone so we could better understand the impact of this program; watching the numbers grow each year has been incredibly rewarding!
In 2020, even though our season was cancelled early due to covid-19, NorCal teams managed to log a collective 1743 hours. So, we’ve decided to throw out a challenge to double that number in 2021 to 3500 hours!
We’re rounding up some rad prizes for the top 5 student-athletes, and top 5 teams, that log the most TTC hours in 2021 (hint, last year it was Oakland Devo).
Ready to get started? There are a number of ways to get involved in our Teen Trail Corps Program:
- Ask your coach to organize a trail or advocacy project for your team, or organize one yourself. Use these resources to help, and of course be sure your coach tracks everyone’s hours in your team Pit Zone so you get credit.
- Bookmark this page to find frequent updates and opportunities.
- Reach out to the trail advocacy organization in your community and find out how you can get involved. Volunteer with them and send your coach your hours.
- Submit your volunteer info to NICA and earn badges, not to mention get great experience for your resume or college application.
- Share these resources with your parents and coaches
Trail Work Hours Completed
Upcoming Trail Work Days
HERE is the link to sign up.